Templates, Samples, and Forms
Sample Question Guide for MOAPC focus groups
Posted 12/30/2019 (updated 9/2/2021)
Introduction, to be explained by the facilitator:
- During the next [hour] we will be discussing the opioid misuse problem in our communities in order to develop ways to address it.
- You are the ones who really know the community. There are no right or wrong answers, give your honest opinions. If there are questions you are uncomfortable answering, we can skip them.
- Throughout this discussion, I will be using the term “opioid.” An opioid is a substance that is a prescription medication (pill), and prescribed for pain relief. Heroin is also an opioid. Common opioid prescription pain relievers include OxyContin, Vicodin, and Percocet.
- By keeping the groups small we hope that everyone will have a chance to speak. Please be respectful of the opinion of others.
- We will keep the things that you say anonymous. That means your name won’t be connected to what you said (unless we are worried about harm to yourself or others). When we report the results of this assessment, names will not be used. We will be taking notes during the focus group but your names will not be associated with your responses in any way.
- Does anyone have any questions before we begin?